The well-known leading maker of exceptionally engineered personal computers, Lenovo has announced the launch of its new ThinkPad X100e, which the company claims as its first professional-grade ultraportable laptop starting below $500, based on AMD’s VISION Pro technology, offering ultimate value and performance on visual productivity applications vital to today’s business users.
“By listening to our customers and observing market trends, we identified an opportunity to create a new type of ultraportable laptop for business users,” commented Sam Dusi, vice president for ThinkPad Product Marketing. “Customers asked us for low cost and extreme portability without sacrificing usability or the manageability needed to run a business. By expanding the ultraportable ThinkPad X Series to reach prices under $500, the X100e delivers on all counts.”
Features of Lenovo ThinkPad X100e:
- 11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768 pixel) display provides ample screen real estate
- AMD Athlon Neo single/dual core or Turion dual core processors
- Lenovo’s ThinkVantage Technologies help users deploy, manage and maintain their PCs
- ISO full-size, spill-resistant keyboard with a multitouch touchpad and Trackpoint for easy navigation
- 802.11n Wi-Fi, and optional Bluetooth and 3G
- 3 USB ports (1 powered), 4-in-1 media card reader and HD audio
- Starting weight at under 3 lbs
- 3 cell battery supports up to 2 hours or 6 cell battery supports up to 5 hours battery life
- Available in Midnight Black and Heatwave Red colours in smooth finishes
“The X100e delivers the full promise of VISION Pro Technology from AMD,” said Leslie Sobon, vice president for Product Marketing at AMD. “It delivers the visual experience necessary to leverage most of today’s collaboration tools, strong battery life and unbeatable value, all in a sleek, durable ultrathin laptop. With out-of-the-box support for dual monitors to enable greater productivity, the ThinkPad X100e defines what a commercial ultrathin laptop should be and sets the bar for future products based on VISION Pro Technology from AMD.”
The new sleek Lenovo ThinkPad X100e notebook is available through Lenovo Business Partners and www.lenovo.com for a starting price of $449.