Verizon Wireless has officially announced the upcoming launch of the new LG Ally Android-powered smartphone, the mid-range multimedia handset which combines social networking capabilities with a full QWERTY keyboard and customizable home screens, based on newest Google Android 2.1 platform.
Features Of LG Ally (Verizon Wireless):
- Large, bright 3.2-inch touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels resolution) covered with tempered glass
- 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus, flash, panorama and macro mode
- 5 customizable home screens with different applications and widgets
- Support Simultaneous GPS (S-GPS) to enhance position accuracy in addition to turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for easy typing experience
- 3D App launcher and Live Wallpaper
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- LG Calendar, LG Weather + Time and LG Socialite widgets
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice command
- Luminous sensor automatically manage LCD backlight brightness due to light conditions
- Pre-loaded with Verizon Wireless’ Visual Voicemail and V CAST Media Manager
- Talk time: up to 450 minutes ; Standby time: up to 500 hours
- Size: 4.56″ x 2.22″ x 0.62″ ; Weigh: 5.57 ounces
The new LG Ally Android phone that comes along with a 4GB microSD memory card is scheduled to hit Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on May 20 with the price tag of $99.99, after $100 mail-in rebate and a new 2-year service agreement. Interested consumers can pre-order the LG Ally online at www.verizonwireless.com starting May 13.