Microsoft released its Windows Malicious Software Removal Tools lately. This removal tool can check whether computers running under Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 are infected by any specific or prevalent malicious software or Malware which can damage your computer such as Blaster, Sasser and Mydoom. Once the removal tool has completed the detection and removal process, the tool will report the action outcome whether any Malware has been detected and removed. The tool will thence create a log file named mrt.log in the %WINDIR%\debug folder. The monthly update of this removal tool will soon be available from Microsoft. Users can set the automatic update features to Automatic in order to get the latest update version automatically delivered and installed.
User can review the KB article, KB890830, for the list of malicious software that the current version of the tool is capable of removing as well as usage instructions. Also, please be aware that this tool reports anonymous information back to Microsoft in the event that an infection is found or an error is encountered. The above KB article contains information on how to disable this functionality and what specific information is sent to Microsoft. Users are also advised to review KB article, KB891716, before deploying this tool in an enterprise environment.
Download the x64 version of Malicious Software Removal Tool via the link here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links