The worldwide leader in software, services and solutions, Microsoft has announced its first embedded operating system optimized specifically for handheld PNDs (portable navigation devices), called as Windows Embedded NavReady 2009, which is based on Windows Embedded CE, aiming to help developers and OEMs simplify the development, user experience and maintenance of their PND designs.
“As demand for personal navigation devices continues to increase, and existing owners look to upgrade from their original devices, original equipment manufacturers must continue to innovate and enhance their products with features that will attract a variety of users,” said Chris Jones, Canalys vice president and principal analyst. “Personal navigation solutions will increasingly become connected, which will open up new opportunities to add value through the delivery of dynamic information and location-based services. But this is a highly competitive market and it is important that businesses like Windows Embedded help OEMs and others bring these rich devices to market quickly and efficiently.”
Key Features Of Windows Embedded NavReady 2009 OS:
- Key Bluetooth Technologies – NavReady enables rich hands-free scenarios, managed dial-up networking services, and a host of other Bluetooth features.
- Live Search For Devices – The power to perform Live Search queries from the device to find Points of Interest, and much more.
- Desktop-Pass-Through – Enables applications on the device to establish desktop-pass-through connections to online services and the internet when the device is connected to a Windows-Based PC that has ActiveSync/WMDC installed and internet connection.
- Windows SideShow – Helps bring new experiences to PNDs via a connection to Many Windows Vista based PC’s.
“As a leading designer and manufacturer of portable navigation devices we have relied on Windows Embedded CE as a proven real-time operating system for our Mio product line,” said Samuel Wang, president of Mio Technology Corp. “With the launch of Windows Embedded NavReady 2009 and the introduction of features including Live Search, MSN Direct and Bluetooth capabilities, we are looking forward to bringing our next-generation PNDs to market with a richer end-user experience and in a reduced timeframe.”
“Windows Embedded powers many of the portable navigation devices in the marketplace,” said Kevin Dallas, GM of Windows Embedded Business, Microsoft. “Our commitment to this segment has always been about providing the platform and tools that give our OEM partners the most innovative technologies while reducing the complexity of development. We firmly believe the release of Windows Embedded NavReady 2009 helps us fulfill this promise by taking the PND experience to the next level. Adopting Windows Embedded NavReady 2009 today will allow device-makers and solution providers to focus on innovation while bringing smart, connected, service-oriented portable navigation devices to market in time for the 2008 holiday retail season and beyond.”
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- $1200+ Free Windows Software – SlideMaker Slideshow Video Editor, Video Movie Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor, GIF Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor & More
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code