Microsoft has lately released its latest Network Monitor 3.3 Beta, a version which supports the new Windows 7. Microsoft Network Monitor is a reliable and feature-rich network sniffer and protocol analyzer which allow users to monitor and view network traffic; capture and analyze network data; and troubleshoot those network problems and applications encountered on the network.
The new Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 Beta (Netmon 3.3 Beta) has seen significant improvement on performance and is more feature-integrated compared to its predecessors. The new Nemon 3.3 Beta has added an additional tool called “expert”. This expert tool runs separately from Nemon and performs detail analysis on the traced data. In this context, Microsoft promised that the Network Monitor 3.3 Beta launch would be accompanied by the release of additional experts including Top Users and Simple Search, the latter of which is now available.
Netmon is one of the most innovative tools from Microsoft to conduct network traffic analysis. The new NetMon 3.3 beta works with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7. The Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 Beta can be downloaded from Microsoft Connect via the link here.
Below is a summary of the new additions and features to “NM3.3 Beta:
- Ability to capture on WWAN and Tunnel interfaces on Win7
- Critical fixes to NM3.3 to operate correctly with Hyper-V
- Right-click add to alias. Right-click a frame in the Frame Summary window with an IPv4, IPv6, or MAC address to add that address as a new alias.
- Right click go to definition: Right-click a field in the Frame Details windows and select Go To Data Field Definition or Go To Data Type Definition to see where the field is defined in the NPL parsers.
- Auto-scroll. See the most recent traffic as it comes in. In a live capture, click the Autoscroll button on the main toolbar to have the Frame Summary window automatically scroll down to display the most recent frames as they come in. Click Autoscroll again to freeze the view in its present location.
- Experts available online: Experts are stand-alone applications that analyze Network Monitor capture data. Various experts are available online.
- Frame Comments: Attach comments to frames in a saved capture file. Select the Frame Comments tab in the lower-right window to add, view, edit, or delete comments.
- API Extensions: API methods have been added to enable access to conversation information, properties, field display strings, and comments.
- Ability to open ETL files and correlate information by Network Tracing scenario.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18865 (20H1) for Insiders Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key