Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 is a server virtualization technology for the Windows Server System platform from Microsoft, which was bought over from Connectix, that facilitates the creation of virtual machines on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. Virtualization allows users to consolidate multiple workloads onto a physical server and thus increases hardware and resources utilization and efficiency.
Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 (VS2005) R2 SP1 is built upon Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise Edition and bolstered with new functionality. Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 enables IT organizations to enhance their administrative productivity and rapidly deploy new servers to address changing business needs through automated deployment and configuration of connected virtual machines that are easily administered with standard server management tools. Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 now provides improved performance for non-Windows guest operating systems by leveraging hardware-assisted virtualization, high availability for both planned and unplanned downtime, and improved support for backup and disaster recovery. Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 is an extensively tested and well supported virtualization solution that is supported both by the broader ISV community and by Microsoft in conjunction with its server operating systems and applications.
VS 2005 R2 SP1, the latest version of Virtual Server 2005 available currently, requires Windows Server 2003 (32-Bit x86 or 64-Bit x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86 or 64-Bit x64 Edition), Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Vista Business (32-Bit x86 or 64-Bit x64 Edition), Windows Vista Enterprise (32-Bit x86 or 64-Bit x64 Edition), Windows Vista Ultimate (32-Bit x86 or 64-Bit x64 Edition) and Windows XP Service Pack 2 to work.
And, to download the setup installer for Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1, registration of profile with Microsoft TechNet is required is order to access the Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 download page at Microsoft Download Center. Those who hates to register or sign up for a Windows Live account, or want to have the download starts immediately can use the following direct download links to download Virtual Server 2005 setup installer from Microsoft server instead. Both x86 and x64 versions is available.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs