The famous mobile computing and wireless communications leader, Motion Computing has released its new Motion F5, which the company claims as the first semi-rugged slate tablet PC designed specifically for highly mobile workforces, combining durability, mobility and integrated functionality with the benefits and convenience of tablet input.
Key Features Of New F5 Tablet PC:
- Intel® Centrino® processor technology with the Intel® Core Solo
- IP54 rated and designed to withstand exposure to dust and moisture
- Field-ready slate design that includes a magnesium frame, View Anywhere® outdoor display, built-in handle and easily cleaned protective covering
- Shock mounted hard drive and combined accelerometer designed to detect drops and shocks in order to reduce the possibility of data loss
- Optional SanDisk® 32GB solid state drive (SSD) providing further enhanced durability, reliability, higher performance and power efficiency
- Fully-integrated technologies to improve workflow and increase productivity: digital camera, RFID and optional barcode scanner
- Embedded wireless broadband for continuous data access away from the office
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition; Windows Vista® Business
“Motion is dedicated to providing solutions that combine innovative mobile products and customized applications from experienced software partners and services that are unique to each vertical market that we serve,” said Scott Eckert, CEO of Motion. “Our customers came to us with a need and we solved it with the F5. We’ve combined the mobility and ease-of-use benefits of a tablet PC with the increased durability of a rugged PC, without all of the costs associated with a fully rugged system.”
The new Motion F5 is now available with price ranges from $2699 – $4000, depending on the configurations.