AT&T has officially announced the upcoming launch of the new era of mobile computing – Motorola ATRIX 4G, which the company claims as the world’s most powerful smartphone that is designed to pack the power and functionality of mobile computing in your pocket via Motorola’s webtop app – while connecting to Motorola Laptop Dock or HD Multimedia Dock accessories.
In order to bring your user experience of smartphone to a next level, the ATRIX 4G adopts the world’s first qHD display for a smartphone, NVIDIA Tegra dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and an advanced fingerprint recognition reader.
“With ATRIX 4G, we are rethinking what a smartphone can be, and literally changing the game with a new device category that combines the power of a laptop with the latest smartphone features and 4G speeds,” commented David Christopher, chief marketing officer for AT&T mobility and consumer markets. “With Motorola Mobility, we’re delivering on our commitment to provide customers with the best mobile broadband experience and best smartphones.”
Key features of Motorola ATRIX 4G (AT&T):
- 4.0-inch qHD ((960 x 540 pixels) touch screen with 24-bit color graphics
- 5 megapixel camera with LED Flash plus VGA front-facing camera
- Advanced 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra dual-core processor complemented with 1GB RAM
- MOTOROLA Laptop Dock (accessory) for easy mobile computing
- Dual Web browser – WebKit browser on ATRIX 4G and full HTML tabbed Firefox browser in webtop application (Motorola Laptop Dock or HD Multimedia Dock is needed)
- Biometric fingerprint recognition reader for ultimate safety
- 16GB internal memory plus microSD memory expansion slot supporting up to 32GB
- 2-microphone noise reduction technology ensures clear voice quality
- Pre-loaded with an array of AT&T apps including CODE SCANNER, NAVIGATOR and U-VERSE LIVE TV
- Talk time: Up to 9 hours ; Standby time: Up to 250 hours
Motorola ATRIX 4G with MOTOBLUR Android 2.2-powered smartphone which measures 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches and weights in at 135 grams will hit AT&T stores on March 6 (Pre-order beginning February 13) for $199.99 on a 2-year contract. In addition, AT&T also offers special bundled package that includes the ATRIX 4G and Motorola Laptop Dock, priced at $499.99 after a $100 mail-in-rebate and 2-year service agreement.