Digital Signage is being used extensively to display advertisements especially in Japan market. While the trend continues to push for larger display and higher resolution with enhanced 3D graphics, now there is also tendency to integrate some advanced technologies to make the whole system even smarter than before. One of the good examples is the newly launched facial recognition technology by NEC, the famous Japanese manufacturer. Named as Eye Flavor, it will able to differentiate visitors by their genders, age and display those advertisements that fit well to the crowd and eventually make the whole advertisement effort more effective.
The technology utilizes a camera module that is embedded onto the LCD display to capture visitors’ images and these data will be streamed to central unit which is enhanced with intelligent facial recognition software for analysis. Besides displaying the right advertisement for respective targeted crowds, Eye Flavor system can also analyze and ‘sense’ the visitors’ impression to determine if they are really interested on any particular advertisement at any specific time frame.
NEC had already conducted trial run at Granduo shopping complex at Tachikawa since last October for 21 days and so far the response looks pretty positive. The system featured with Eye Flavor technology is currently available at $20k in Japan market only and it is claimed that the facial recognition method will only work for Japanese first and will probably be enhanced and deployed to other regions in short future.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements