The global leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market, Research In Motion (RIM) has announced its new compact, powerful smartphone, named as BlackBerry Bold 9700, which includes an extensive array of high-end communications and multimedia features, based on latest BlackBerry OS 5.0, offering users an incredibly refined mobile experience.
“The BlackBerry Bold 9700 builds on the success of the original BlackBerry Bold with new, state-of-the-art features and a smaller, lighter and highly optimized design that looks, feels and performs great,” commented Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO for Research In Motion.
Main Features Of BlackBerry Bold 9700:
- Next generation, powerful 624 MHz processor
- Sharp and dazzling 2.44-inch light-sensing TFT LCD display with 480 x 360 pixels resolution at 245 ppi
- 3.2 MP autofocus camera with variable zoom, flash, image stabilization and video recording
- RIM’s distinctive, highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets for fast, accurate typing
- Innovative touch-sensitive trackpad allowing for intuitive and responsive navigation experience
- Integrated GPS for maps and more location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for Wi-Fi calling via UMA (where available)
- Bluetooth 2.1 with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and more Bluetooth peripherals
- Seamlessly integrates 3.5mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and Mute keys across the top of the handset
- Access to a broad and growing catalog of mobile applications from BlackBerry App World
- 256MB on-board flash Memory plus MicroSD card slot for memory expansion
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music play now extended up to 38 hours)
- High quality speakerphone and background noise suppression technology
- BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes and Windows Media Player music
- Supports BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Talk time: up to 6 hours ; standby time: up to 17 days
“AT&T was the first choice for BlackBerry in the U.S. and we remain the best,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “When you combine the BlackBerry Bold 9700 with the nation’s fastest 3G network, access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network and best coverage worldwide, it adds up to an unparalleled customer experience. We are proud AT&T is ranked number one in customer satisfaction among smartphone owners.”
The new sleek, lightweight BlackBerry Bold 9700 3G smartphone which measures 4.29 x 2.36 x 0.56 inches and weights just 4.3 ounces are expected to hit AT&T and T-Mobile stores starting November 2009 for $199.99, after $100 mail-in-rebate and two-year service contract.
UPDATE: Rogers Wireless will debut BlackBerry Bold 9700 in the coming weeks for $299.99 based on three-year service agreement.