The leading company in digital imaging, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced the launch of its new EOS Rebel T1i (also known as EOS 500D) digital SLR camera, which the company claims as the first model in Canon’s Rebel family to feature Full HD video capture, capable of recording 16:9 720p HD video at 30 fps as well as Full HD 1080p video at 20 fps, incorporating 15.1 megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor, 3-inch VGA Clear View LCD (920,000 dots) monitor and an advanced DIGIC 4 imaging processor with 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion.
“We are witnessing the emergence of a new phase in digital imaging history, as high-resolution still images and HD video can now both be produced in a hand-held device, for under $1,000,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. “This is truly a great time to be involved in digital imaging as the advent of online communities are helping usher in this next great era in imaging.”
Impressive Features Of Canon EOS Rebel T1i:
- 15.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD movie recording with HDMI connection for viewing and playback on HDTV
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 12800)
- Continuous shooting at 3.4 fps for up to 170 large/fine JPEG images or up to 9 RAW images in a single burst
- 3.0-inch ClearView LCD with Live View mode (for both still images as well as video)
- 9-point wide area AF with cross type centre point
- Powerful high-speed DIGIC 4 performance and superb image quality
- Highly acclaimed EOS Integrated Cleaning System with fluorine coating on the low-pass filter for better dust resistance
- Auto Lighting Optimizer technology helps ensure that the subject of each photo is clearly visible
- Creative Auto Mode allows users to make image adjustments including exposure compensation, aperture and shutter speed
According to Canon, “Like the EOS 5D Mark II model, the EOS Rebel T1i camera will record video up to 4GB per clip equaling approximately 12 minutes of Full HD video, 18 minutes of 720p HD video, or 24 minutes of SD video depending on the level of detail in the scene. 1 Video clips are recorded in .MOV format using an MPEG-4 video compression and sound is recorded using linear PCM 2 without compression. The camera features a built-in monaural microphone to record sound. To help show off those fantastic movies as well as still photos, the EOS Rebel T1i camera includes an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output to display crisp, clear images on a High-Definition TV.”
The new Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Camera that available in body-only configuration and kit version with Canon’s EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens will hit the market by early May for about $800 and $900, respectively.