Fujifilm has announced the updated model to its popular FinePix S1000 – FinePix S1500, which features Fujifilm’s Dual Image Stabilization, and SR Auto (Automatic Scene Recognition) that can automatically detected frame scenes and selected into 6 appropriate camera settings (Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, Backlit Portrait), aiming to optimize the ideal exposure, focus, white balance and ISO for the scene.
“Fujifilm’s FinePix S1500fd offers advanced amateur photographers an affordable, SLR-styled digital camera,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc. “Sporting a Fujinon 12x Optical Zoom for greater range and flexibility and Automatic Scene Recognition, the FinePix S1500 offers its user an efficient, feature-rich digital camera making it easy to capture amazing images.”
Highlights Of Fujifilm FinePix S1500:
- 10-megapixel image sensor
- 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD screen
- Fujinon 12x optical zoom lens
- High sensitivity up to ISO 1600
- Electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- Full manual photographic control
- Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal
- Continuous high speed shooting mode (up to 15 frames at 7.5 fps at 2MP and 6 frames at 3.3 fps at 5MP)
- Panoramic shooting mode (maximum of 3 consecutive shots at 3MP resolution)
- Records VGA video at 30 frames per second
- 14 pre-programmed scene modes offering one-touch setting for almost any situation
- SD / SD-HC memory card slot
The new Fujifilm FinePix S1500 that operates on 4x AA batteries will be available in coming March 2009 for about $250.