In addition to LUMIX DMC-FX580, Panasonic also announced the availability of its new LUMIX DMC-FX48 (also known as DMC-FX40), the sleek and stylish 12.1 megapixel digital camera that incorporates a bundle of impressive features, aiming to enrich your digital life.
“With Panasonic’s acclaimed FX-Series, we are pursuing high photo quality in a camera body that is sophisticated, easy-to-carry and intuitive to use,” said David Briganti, National Marketing Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “With features like Face Recognition and High Definition video capability, we are packing advanced and powerful features into a small, attractive camera that can easily be carried in a pocket or purse.”
Impressive Highlights Of Panasonic LUMIX FX48:
- 12.1 effective megapixel CCD
- 25mm ultra-wide-angle LEICA DC lens with powerful 5x optical zoom (equivalent to 25mm to 125mm on a 35mm film camera)
- Bright 2.5″ (230,000-dot) resolution Intelligent LCD that provides high resolution and wide viewing angle
- Panasonic’s proprietary advanced iA (Intelligent Auto) mode adds new Face Recognition feature
- Venus Engine V processor improves its energy efficiency by 16% (compared to the Venus Engine IV)
- Battery life to 350 pictures (CIPA)
- Records HD (1280 x 720p) motion images at 30 fps
- High-speed Burst mode and Panorama Assist scene mode
- Macro Zoom function
The new slim and ultra-compact LUMIX FX48 digital camera which measures 95.3 x 52.9 x 21.5 mm and weighs 150g is expected to be available in silver and black colors in coming April for about $350.