The manufacturer of digital SLRs, compact cameras, point-and-shoots, lenses and accessories, PENTAX has announced the release of its new PENTAX X70 superzoom digital compact camera, which incorporates 24x optical zoom lens and 720p HD movie recording capability.
Main Features Of PENTAX X70:
- Versatile 24X wide angle optical zoom lens(equivalent to 26–624mm)
- Impressive 12 megapixel CCD and electronic viewfinder
- Large, bright and easy-to-view 2.7 inch LCD screen (230,000 dots) with anti-reflection coating
- Triple Shake Reduction technology reduces camera shake and blurring of the subject
- High-speed continuous shooting at 11fps
- PENTAX’s Fast Face Detection technology enables X70 quickly and automatically detects up to 32 faces in 0.03 seconds
- Flexible HD movie capture vividly records videos in widescreen 720p (15fps)
- Super Macro mode (as close as 1 cm from the lens)
- Auto Sensitivity Control function (up to high ISO of 6400)
- Advanced PENTAX Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of 7 different shooting modes including Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Flower, Sport and Standard modes
The new compact and lightweight PENTAX X70 megazoom digital camera will be available in coming April for about $400.
In addition to PENTAX X70, the company also introduced the smc PENTAX DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited ultra wide-angle lens for Pentax D-SLR cameras, which slated to hit the market in April 2009 for about $650.