Samsung and Verizon Wireless have teamed up to release a new handset which is known as Samsung Haven. In order to target those users who look for an easy-to-use phone, the slim form factor phone is being designed with large number keys, voice commands and dedicated emergency calling buttons. Besides that, the phone is also being enhanced with adjustable font sizing for easy of viewing and supports one touch access to voicemail, speakerphone and emergency numbers.
Key features of the Samsung Haven includes:
- 2.2-inch large internal screen for easy-to-read.
- Full menu readout for improved accessibility.
- Supports text-messaging.
- 56-note polyphonic ringtones.
- Adjustable font size.
- Dedicated keys for one-touch quick access to Emergency 911 (E911), speakerphone, voicemail, voice commands, In Case of Emergency (ICE) and My Pictures.
- Customers can program the ICE button with up to three personalized contacts that first responders can easily find in the event of an emergency.
- Well-Being and Health Tools – A reminder alarm with up to five alarms, a fitness trainer that offers 15 unique stretching techniques, four different healing music selections to help relieve stress, and a medical information application that lets users make medical notes and stores their information such as allergies and medications.
- Personal Organizer and Tools – Calendar and scheduling assistant, calculator with currency converter, world clock and stop watch.
Available in charcoal grey, the Samsung Haven is now available for pre-order at Verizon Wireless and is expected to be available on 29 July at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. The phone is priced at $39.99 with a two-year service contract.