The leading provider of a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics and home appliance products, Samsung has announced the launch of its new compact 10.2 megapixel digital camera – Samsung HZ10W, which features both Optical and Digital Image Stabilization, and ultra-wide angle 24mm Schneider lens with powerful 10x optical zoom (telephoto capabilities of 240mm – 35mm film equivalent).
According to Samsung, “For shooters who wish to be in more control when it comes to taking digital images, the HZ10W offers a host of manual controls. Users can manually configure shutter speed, from 16 ~ 1/1,500 seconds, as well as adjust focus and aperture settings. Users can also dial in exposure in 1/3EV steps at a maximum of ±2EV and select a desired ISO value with options of 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, and even 3200 at a reduced resolution of three mega-pixels.”
Other Features Of Samsung HZ10W Digital Camera:
- 2.7 inch (230K pixels) LCD screen
- Samsung’s proprietary Smart Album program allowing users to search through the various files they have saved on their memory card for a specific image
- Captures video in 720p high-definition at 30 frames per second
- H.264 compression
- Face Detection technology detects up to 9 faces and automatically adjusts focus and exposure to ensure better composition and image quality.
- Smile Shot automatically take a photo only when the camera detects smiles on the subjects’ faces
- Blink Detection automatically fire 3 consecutive shots if the camera detects that a subject’s eyes are closed
- Beauty Shot automatically brighten and even out skin tones as well as remove blemishes
“The mega-zoom HZ10W is one of the most feature-rich digital cameras in Samsung’s wide ranging family of digital imaging products,” said Tony Sorice, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Digital Imaging, at Samsung Electronics America. “The camera addresses demands in the marketplace, not only for longer zooms, but for wider focal lengths as well. Such powerful optics, combined with other advanced features like the ability to record HD video, will undoubtedly make the HZ10W an attractive model for anyone in the market for a new digital camera.”
The new Samsung HZ10W digital camera which measures 4.13″ (W) x 2.4″ (H) x 1.4″ (D) and weights 219g is expected to be available later this month at a suggested retail price of $299.99.