Sony has launched its new slim and stylish 10.1 megapixel Cyber-shot DSC-G3 camera, which the company claims as the world’s first Wi-Fi enabled digital camera that can upload photos and videos to popular sharing Web sites including Shutterfly, Picasa Web Albums, YouTube, Dailymotion and Photobucket through any public WiFi hotspot due to its embedded Web browser.
“Research shows that our customers greatly value sharing images and video clips, but they often forget or don’t have enough time if they wait to get home to upload images,” said Phil Lubell, director of digital camera marketing at Sony Electronics. “Our new Cyber-shot DSC-G3 camera provides the simplicity and convenience of sharing in the moment, while the impulse is still fresh in people’s minds.”
Impressive highlights of Sony Cyber-shot G3:
- World’s first Wi-Fi enabled camera with built-in web browser
- Powerful 10.1 megapixel 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD image sensor
- Ultra-bright, high resolution 3.5-inch Xtra Fine LCD touch-screen display with wide viewing angle
- Newly-developed Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x optical zoom lens
- BIONZ Imaging Processor delivering the high resolution and fast performance
- Face Detection technology detects up to 8 individual faces (can even distinguish between children and adults) and controls flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to deliver accurate, natural skin tones with reduced red-eye for beautiful images
- Popular Smile Shutter technology automatically detects and captures smiling faces
- Double Anti-blur Solution combines Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and High ISO sensitivity 3200 aiming to minimize blur
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects 8 different types of scenes
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus using a sophisticated algorithm to determine the best exposure and contrast settings for almost any shooting environment
- New Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting
- MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode capturing VGA (640 x 480 pixel resolution) audio/video clips at a high frame rate – up to 30 frames per second
- Semi-manual focus lets users specify the camera’s approximate focus distance
- 4GB internal memory storing up to an astounding 40,000 VGA-sized images or up to 950 high resolution images, along with Memory Stick Duo slot for extended storage
The new DLNA-certified Sony Cyber-shot G3 comes with complimentary AT&T Wi-Fi access to Sony’s Easy Upload Home Page until Jan. 31, 2012, accessing thousands of AT&T hotspots across the country, including participating coffee shops, selected book stores and major quick-serve restaurant locations as well as hundreds of upscale hotels and airports.
“By collaborating with Sony to launch the first digital still camera with a built in Web browser and embedded access across the entire AT&T Wi-Fi service network, we’re enabling consumers to gain quick and convenient access to Sony’s Easy Upload Homepage through thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots across the country,” said Glenn Lurie, president of AT&T’s emerging device organization. “The wireless capabilities and cutting-edge features of the G3 camera with the reliable coverage of AT&T’s Wi-Fi network offers a unique consumer experience.”
The new Sony CyberShot G3 digital camera, available in black color, which measures only over 16.4mm thick is now available at sonystyle.com, Sony Style retail stores, Amazon.com and authorized dealers for about $500.