Sony has expanded its popular stylish and ultra-slim Cyber-shot T-series family with the new Cyber-shot DSC-TX5, which the company claims as the world’s thinnest and smallest certified waterproof (up to 3 meters deep for an hour) digital camera with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and touchscreen display that able to be operate even underwater.
“Only Sony can deliver a technology-packed, ultra slim, fashionable T-series camera that is also durable. Until now, you couldn’t have it all in one camera,” commented Kelly Davis, director for Digital Imaging business at Sony Electronics. “It is so versatile because it’s a great camera for both indoor and outdoor usage. You can easily take it from a day at the beach with the kids to a cocktail party with friends. This camera is also great for activities such as snorkeling, snowboarding or boating.”
Features of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5:
- 10.2 megapixel “Exmor R” CMOS image sensor certified to be freeze proof down to 14 °F (-10°C), shockproof up to approximately 5-foot drop and dust proof
- 25mm wide-angle 4x optical zoom Carl Zeiss Vario Tessor lens and BIONZ processor
- 3.0-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus wide touchscreen with 230,400 pixel
- 10 frames per second continuous burst shooting capability for capturing active life styles
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama lets users shoot panoramic photos of the underwater landscape or breathtaking mountain views
- In-camera multi-shot Backlight Correction High Dynamic Range (HDR) offers users a solution for backlight situations, combining highlight and shadow detail of 2 separate shots into 1 remarkably natural looking image
- 720p (1280 x 720 pixels) HD movie recording mode at 30p
- Dimensions: 94 (W) x 57 (H) x 18 (D) mm ; Weight: 4.5 ounces
Sony Cyber-Shot TX5 that available in 5 variants of color – silver, black, pink, green, and red, is scheduled to ship in coming April for about $350.