The market leader in consumer electronics and world leader in IT technology, Samsung Electronics has announced its new ultra-lightweight notebook – Samsung X360, which the company claims as the lightest notebook in its 13.3-inch class, weighing just 1.27kg (slightly lighter than Apple’s popular MacBook Air).
“The X360 pushes back the boundaries of form and function to deliver real style with substance,” said HS Kim, Executive Vice President of Samsung Computer Systems Division. “It offers a tremendous reduction in size and weight but without compromising on functionality, so users have everything they need for life on the move.”
Impressive Highlights Of Samsung X360:
- 45 nano-meter sized Intel Core 2 Duo mobile processor
- 13.3-inch WXGA (1280 x 800) SuperBright LED backlit
- Built-in 7 in 1 memory card reader (MS, MS Pro, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus, xD) and 3 x USB ports
- Super fast 802.11a/b/g/n wireless and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) capabilities
- Integrated HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connection
- Built-in 1.3-megapixel digital motion camera
- New Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 graphics core
- Option of a huge 128GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Secure biometric fingerprint authentication system and trusted platform module
- Silver Nano Technology – Sprinkling incredibly small, nano-sized silver ion powder on the keyboard your system will remain “bacteria free” for even longer
According to Samsung, “The X360 also features the option of an ultra-fast and reliable 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), which significantly enhances performance compared to a typical hard disk drive (HDD), with a boot time that is 25-50 percent faster and data access times that are 300 percent faster (53 MB/s) for reading and 150 percent faster (28 MB/s) for writing. With no moving parts SSDs also weigh less, uses significantly less power and are less prone to errors and damage – in fact, the X360 is equipped to withstand twice the impact of the hard-drive-enabled model. So, the notebook will perform faster and last even longer.”
The new Samsung X360 notebook that incorporates removable 6 cell battery supporting up to 10 hours continuous use will be available starting September 2008.