Macbook, the brand of Macintosh notebook computers from Apple, has recently received the much-awaited refresh with updated system hardware specifications. The new White Polycarbonate MacBook is powered by a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and featured with the latest NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics for deliver better performance and speed. Besides, the battery life of the new 2010 model has been improved to 10 hours.
Key specification of the new Macbook includes:
- Processor – 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache.
- Memory – 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB.
- Display – 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
- Storage – 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive and optional 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm drive.
- Communications – AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology and 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector).
- Video output – DVI output, VGA output, Dual-link DVI and HDMI output.
- Battery and power – Built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery which supports up to 10 hours of battery life.
- Preloaded software – Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row and Xcode Developer Tools) and iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb and iDVD).
Previously, the leaked details on the new Macbook has the Macbook model printed as Macbook 7.1. The new Macbook with the dimension of 1.08 X 13.00 X 9.12-inches and weighs 2.13kg is available for purchase at apple.com with the price start from $999.00.