Nikon has announced the launch of its new COOLPIX L100, which combines high performance, high-powered 15x optical zoom and advanced shooting functions into single easy-to-use digital camera.
“The L100 represents a fantastic choice for the family photographer who needs to capture everything from soccer games to portraits,” said Bill Giordano, General Manager Marketing, COOLPIX for Nikon Inc. “It also extends our tradition of previous L-Series cameras, combining ease-of-use, high performance and a tremendous value for consumers.”
Key Features Of Nikon COOLPIX L100:
- 10 effective megapixel image sensor
- 15x optical zoom NIKKOR lens
- Nikon’s innovative EXPEED digital image processing concept
- Large, bright 3-inch high-resolution LCD with anti-reflection coating for easy composition and reviewing of images
- New Sport Continuous Scene Mode for shooting at up to 13fps (up to 30 frames while set the resolution to 3 megapixel or lower)
- 4-Way (Vibration Reduction) VR Image Stabilization (Optical VR image stabilization, Motion Detection, High ISO 3200 capability and Best Shot Selector)
- Nikon’s exclusive Smart Portrait System ( In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Enhanced Face-Priority AF, Smile Mode and Blink Warning)
- Macro shooting from as close as 1 cm
The new Nikon COOLPIX L100 digital camera will be available in coming April 2009 for about $280.
In addition to L100, Nikon also announced its new COOLPIX L20 (10 megapixels ; 3-inch LCD) and L19 (8 megapixels ; 2.7-inch LCD) digital cameras, which slated to be available later this month for about $130 and $110, respectively.