Nikon has announced the upcoming availability of new powerful Nikon COOLPIX P300, which the digital imaging giant claims as its first compact digital camera to equip an ultra-wide 24mm NIKKOR lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.8 and 4.2x optical zoom.
Key features of Nikon COOLPIX P300:
- 12.2-megapixel back illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Vivid, bright 3-inch LCD display with 921k dot
- Full (1080p) HD video capture at 30 fps with stereo sound
- Optical Vibration Reduction complemented with high ISO sensitivity up to 3200
- New Easy Panorama mode for a stunning panoramic shots
- Full manual controls with 4 exposure modes – P, S, A and M
“The COOLPIX P300 reflects decades of optical experience and NIKKOR heritage that culminate to create this exciting compact camera offering for users yearning for more creative freedom,” commented Bo Kajiwara, director of marketing for Nikon Inc. “The P300 is an excellent choice for the photographer who is looking for a compact camera with all the manual controls and advanced features that challenges them to take their creativity to new heights.”
Nikon COOLPIX P300 that just available in black color is slated to hit the market starting March 2011 for around $330.