Nikon has announced the launch of new compact Nikon COOLPIX P500 digital camera (the successor to Nikon P100), which Nikon claims as its longest zoom COOLPIX camera to date, featuring a wide-angle 22.5mm NIKKOR ED glass lens with stunning 36x optical zoom.
Key features of Nikon COOLPIX P500:
- 12.1-megapixel backside illumination CMOS sensor
- 3-inch tiltable vari-angle 921K dot LCD display
- 1080p full HD video recording with stereo sound, zoom and AF capabilities
- Advanced EXPEED C2 dual image processing system
- Easy Panorama mode
- 7 key-way anti blur solution
- Hybrid VR (Sensor-shift and Electronic Vibration Reduction)
- High ISO sensitivity up to 3200
- Motion detection
- Best Shot Selector (BSS)
- Night Portrait Mode
- HDR backlight mode
- Night Landscape mode
Nikon COOLPIX P500 that offered in red and black color will be available in coming March 2011 for about $400.