Nikon has announced the launch of its new ultra-stylish 12.1 megapixel Nikon COOLPIX S70 digital camera, which features stylish dual-texture design, enhanced interface and 3.5-inch wide-screen Clear Color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) Display with a new generation of touch-screen control, offering a new level of intuitive fingertip shooting control and a variety of exciting playback options.
Key features of Nikon COOLPIX S70:
- 12.1 megapixel resolution and 5x wide angle zoom NIKKOR lens
- Nikon’s innovative 3.5″ Clear Color OLED display with refined touch control
- Touch Shutter allows users to focus and captures a picture by simply touching it on the camera’s screen
- 3 different stylish HOME screen
- 5 advanced image stabilizing systems for sharper results, including Optical lens shift, Electronic VR, high ISO 6400, Motion Detection and Best Shot Selector
- Ability to record HD video (1280 x 720 pixels resolution) at 30 fps
- Nikon’s Easy Auto Mode determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings and then automatically choose the appropriate scene mode for optimal results
- Nikon’s Smart Portrait System (Smile Shutter, Blink Warning, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF and D-Lighting) with Skin Softening
- Quick Retouch creates an improved copy with the right finishing touch
- Available in wide variety of colors: Champagne & Light Brown, Champagne & Beige, Red & Dark Red, Red & Red, or Black & Black
The new stylish Nikon COOLPIX S70 digital compact camera which measures 3.8 x 2.4 x 0.8-inches and weights approximately 4.9 ounces will ship in September 2009 for around $400. In addition to Nikon COOLPIX S70, the company also announced the availability of its new Nikon COOLPIX S640 and Nikon COOLPIX S570, scheduled to be available in coming September for about $250 and $200, respectively.