Nikon Corporation has announced its 4 new COOLPIX Style Series cameras – Nikon COOLPIX S8000, COOLPIX S6000, COOLPIX S4000 and COOLPIX S3000. And the most notable model is Nikon COOLPIX S8000, the high-performance digital camera which comes equipped with 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, 3″ LCD monitor with 921,000 pixels, and Creative Slider feature for simple adjustment of brightness, vividness and hue.
“Building on the hallmarks of the COOLPIX line, the new S-Series cameras combine the features consumers want, along with high performance and innovative technology into elegant camera designs with colorful results,” said Bo Kajiwara, director of marketing for Nikon Inc. “The digital camera has become an accessory to today’s consumer, and with the S-series camera, users can challenge their creativity, and complement their sense of fashion.”
Main Features of Nikon COOLPIX S8000:
- 14.2 megapixel resolution combined with powerful, versatile 10x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
- Large, high-resolution 3-inch (921k-dot) clear color panel TFT LCD display with wide-viewing angle (176-degree) and anti-reflection coating
- Creative Slider simplifies adjusting brightness, saturation and color tone in-camera by using the Rotary Multi Selector
- Enhanced Sport Continuous Mode offers high-speed continuous shooting at up to 4 fps for 45 frames (3MP)
- 4-way Image Stabilization System combines Lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, high ISO 3200, Motion detection and new flash control
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the shooting environment and adjusts camera settings accordingly resulting in best possible images
- Smart Portrait System combines an array of automatic functions including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Improved Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning and Skin Softening
- HD movies (720p) recording at 30 frames per second with stereo sound
- Subject tracking function automatically tracks subjects to maintain focus
- Available in 4 variants of color – black, red, bronze and champagne silver
The new slim, stylish Nikon COOLPIX S8000 which measures 4.1 x 2.3 x 1.1 inches and weights about 6.5 ounces is scheduled to be available in February 2010 for around $300.