Nikon has announced the latest addition to its DX-format D-SLRs family, named as Nikon D5000, which incorporates 12.3 effective megapixel CMOS image sensor, EXPEED image processing system, 2.7-inch unique Vari-angle monitor D-Movie function, aiming to deliver renowned Nikon quality.
Impressive Features Of Nikon D5000 DSLR Camera:
- High-sensitivity 12.3 effective megapixel CMOS image sensor provides high-quality images with outstanding enlargement capability
- Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED image processing system makes possible fast processing of Nikon D5000’s advanced imaging functionsincluding Scene Recognition with Face Detection, Live View AF and Active D-Lighting
- 2.7-inch new innovative Vari-angle LCD monitor (230,000-dot resolution) that able to swing down approximately 90° and rotates 180°
- Auto focus with Live View has been further improved thanks to the addition of Subject tracking AF
- ISO range of 200 – 3200, expandable to 100 – 6400
- Nikon’s proprietary D-Movie function enables users to shoot Motion JPEG movie clips (1,280 x 720 pixels, 640 x 424 pixels or 320 x 216 pixels) at a smooth 24 frames per second
- 19 automatic Scene Modes with newly added modes are Pet portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn colors, Food, Silhouette, High key and Low key
- Scene Recognition System with Face Detection technology helps the D5000 to analyze color and illumination over the entire scene milliseconds prior to exposure, thanks to 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Advanced 3D Color Matrix Metering II for outstanding exposure accuracy
- Nikon’s Active D-Lighting function ( 6 settings – Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, and Off) improves details in the shadows and highlights of high-contrast scenes
- New Quiet Shooting mode reduces mirror cycling noise for quieter shooting
- 11-point AF system with Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus module enables fast, precise focus over a wide area of the frame when shooting through optical viewfinder
- Picture Control System (6 settings – Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape) gives users an ability to customize key image capture characteristics for personal preferences
- Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System reduces generation and accumulation of dust, and also provides measures to remove dust
- Built-in HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connector for direct HDTV connectivity
- Newly expanded photo editing functions (includes Soft Filter, Perspective Control and Color Outline) for in-camera retouching
The Nikon D5000 Digital SLR camera that compatible with a comprehensive selection of NIKKOR lenses is expected to be available later this month for about $730 (body only) and $850 (bundled with AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens), respectively.
In addition, Nikon has also announced the ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for DX format DSLRs – AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm F3.5-4.5G ED, which slated to hit the market in coming May for about $900.