The multinational corporation specializing in optics and imaging, Nikon has introduced its new compact digital camera – Nikon COOLPIX S60, which combines sophisticated design, fun features and an intuitive touch-screen control into single device.
“We are very excited to introduce the COOLPIX S60,” said Bill Giordano, general manager marketing, COOLPIX for Nikon Inc. “When consumers asked for a bigger LCD screen, we listened and created a camera that not only takes great pictures, but is extremely fun to use as well.”
Key Features Of Nikon COOLPIX S60:
- 10 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches. Sharp resolution captures the finest details, crop creatively and produce incredible enlargements.
- 5x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens NIKKOR optics provide exceptional pictures. NIKKOR lenses are built on a proud heritage of producing precision camera optics that delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
- New EXPEED Image Processing ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. Nikon’s comprehensive digital imaging processing concept incorporates the know-how and technologies accumulated throughout our long history of photographic and digital imaging development. EXPEED is custom-tuned for COOLPIX. Applied optimized technologies render natural-looking pictures of incredible quality and quick response so you won’t miss that special moment.
- Optical VR Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake to prevent blur producing clearer, sharper results in lower light or unsteady conditions. In addition, the benefits of Nikon’s VR system extend to faster framing on the monitor and smoother action when using the movie mode.
- New, Amazing, Bright 3.5-inch High Resolution TOUCH PANEL LCD offers 160º Wide-Angle of Views enabling easy access to all the camera controls without the conventional buttons to push. The anti-reflection coating applied to the touch panel enhances viewing even in bright light.
- Customizable Touch Panel Display enables easy operation with a choice of three different Home displays, and you can even write a personal message on your photos with the included stylus. Conventional buttons, with the exception of the on/off switch and the shutter release, are all accessed via the touch panel making it easier than ever to access all the camera controls.
- New Touch Autofocus and Auto Exposure lets you touch the subject on the 3.5-inch screen that you want to focus on and the camera automatically sets the focus, exposure and tracks the subject ensuring sharp focus and optimal exposure.
- New Retouch Function allows you to paint a frame, add hand written memos in 5 different pen colors and thicknesses, attach stamps to a picture and so much more. The camera saves the painted picture and will also retain the original untouched picture.
- New HD Pictmotion Slide Shows lets you create slide shows with your music for play back on the camera, your HD LCD or plasma television.
- Slim, Stylish, Metal All-New Wave Surface Design has a high brightness metallic coating that retains a beautiful pearl-like finish. The sleek design fits easily into any pocket or purse.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts the camera setting. Just set the camera to the Scene Auto Selector and the camera changes the settings according to the scene you are taking a picture of, automatically!
- Smile Shutter and Blink Warning makes sure you’ll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles. Blink warning will let you know when your subject’s eyes are closed so you can retake your picture.
- Auto adjusts up to ISO 3200 that lets you keep shooting, even in low light creating new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos in low light conditions.
- Nikon Image Innovations include: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, which will automatically look for and fix most instances of red-eye. You may never see red-eyes again! Face Priority AF is Nikon’s face-finding technology that quickly finds and focuses on up to 12 faces in a group portrait. D-Lighting will rescue those photos that are too dark for printing by enhancing the underexposed areas of the picture while not touching the properly exposed areas.
- 17 Scene Modes for optimized shooting in various settings. Choose from: Handwritten Memo, Food, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Night Landscape, Close-up, Panorama Assist, Museum, Fireworks Show, Copy or Back Light modes. Match your current shooting situation with one of these Scene Modes and the camera will make the necessary adjustments giving you an incredible picture, automatically.
- High Quality TV Movies with Sound is now just a press of a button away with your COOLPIX. Record TV-quality movies with sound; duration is limited only by the available space on your SD/SDHC card. Connect your camera to your TV and you have instant home-movies.
- Available Colors: Espresso Black, Arctic White, Burgundy, Champagne Pink, Platinum Bronze and Crimson Red
The Nikon COOLPIX S60 digital camera will be available nationwide in coming September 2008 for about $350.