AT&T has announced the availability of a socially supercharged smartphone – Nokia Surge 6790, which features slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, Symbian S60 multi-tasking capabilities and an impressive suite of messaging capabilities, seems perfect for folks who want to stay connected to social networks anytime.
“Launching at 79.99 USD with a complete email solution, downloadable applications and full HTML browser with Flash support, Nokia Surge hits the sweet spot between a quick messaging phone and a smartphone because of its low-price and strong feature set,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.
Impressive features of Nokia Surge:
- 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixels resolution) screen display
- 2 megapixel color camera with 4X digital zoom
- Full HTML web browser with Flash support for viewing most sites in full HTML or watching YouTube videos
- A-GPS with AT&T Navigator support providing users an audible turn-by-turn directions
- AT&T Mobile Music allows users to listen and download their favorite music from Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, XM Radio and more over the air
- AT&T Video Share allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
- JuiceCaster allows users to share videos and images from their wireless device to the Web’s most popular sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
“Designed in the U.S., this socially charged smartphone comes in a sleek slide form factor that supports social networking and messaging – and all on an open platform,” said David Petts, vice president and general manager, AT&T Account, Nokia. “Together with AT&T, we’re excited to address the increasing demand for smartphones with a device that’s as attractive to the customer as it is to his or her wallet.”
The new slim and stylish Nokia Surge smartphone is scheduled to be available through AT&T for $79.99 starting July 19, after a two-year service contract and a $50 mail-in rebate.