The next version of Microsoft Office for Apple Macintosh’s Mac OS X platform, Office for Mac 2011, is set to release to retail stores in October 2010 in 3 suite versions (editions). Office 2011 for Mac, which comes a few months later than Office 2010 for Windows, will supersede the Office 2008 for Mac. At the same time, the price of Office for Mac has been cut and reduced by up to 50% to bring the pricing inline with Office for Windows.
Public Availability of Office for Mac 2011
By end of October 2010 (October 26, 2010)
Editions (Versions) of Office for Mac 2011
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 – include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Messenger.
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 – include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Messenger.
- Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011 – similar with Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
Office for Mac 2011 is available as 32-bit (x86) application only. In addition, Outlook will replace Entourage as Office’s e-mail client, calendar and contacts software on the Mac.
Pricing Details of Office 2011 for Mac
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011
Single License: $119
Family License (Installable on Three Computers): $149
Note: Old price is $149 for single license.
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
Single License: $199
Family License (Installable on Three Computers): $279
Note: Old price is $399 for single license.
- Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011
Single License: $99
Note: For higher education students, staff and faculty only and proof of employment or enrollment in an academic institution may be required to purchase the discounted suite.
Languages of Office for Mac 2011
Office 2011 for Mac system is available in 13 languages including English, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Finnish, French, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, Polish and Russian.
Free Upgrade from Office for Mac 2008 to Office for Mac 2011
Tip: Office for Mac 2008 carries the higher price tag than Office for Mac 2011, thus if you don’t need to use the software now, it’s better to wait for pre-order or official release.
People who buys a qualifying Office 2008 for Mac product (namely Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition, Office 2008 for Mac Business Edition, Office 2008 for Mac Business Edition Version Upgrade, Office 2008 for Mac Business Edition Special Student Offer) from Microsoft or an authorized reseller (read: excluding eBay) between Aug. 1, 2010, and Nov. 30, 2010 will be eligible to upgrade to Office for Mac 2011 at no cost, for free, as part of Technology Guarantee program. The similar free upgrade program is also available for those who purchased Office 2007 prior to the official RTM of Office 2010.
To receive the free complementary upgrade copy of Office for mac 2011 (download only, DVD disc costs additional), purchaser has to register and request the Office for Mac 2011 upgrade at microsoft.com, by providing the product key and completing the online registration form no later than Dec. 31, 2010. Each request for upgrade must be entered separately. In addition, purchaser must verify the purchase by submitting dated sales receipt.
Once Office for Mac 2011 is ready for purchaser’s country or region and language, he or she will be notified by e-mail.
Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 Anytime Upgrade to Home and Business
Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, the less premium edition of the suites, include a function similar to Windows Anytime Upgrade, which will allow user to upgrade from the Home and Student to Home and Business version using online upgrade functionality, after additional payment. Exact pricing is not available though.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes