A new update for just released Office for Mac 2011 has been released by Microsoft, which upgrades the version of Office 2011 for Mac OS X t oversion 14.0.1. The update fixes critical issues in Office 2011, including issues that might cause Office 2011 applications to stop responding or quit unexpectedly, and contains other improvements security, stability, compatibility, and performance.
According to KB2454823, the Office for Mac 2011 v14.0.1 Update includes the following improvements:
- For all Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications:
- Includes forms-based authentication for connecting to Microsoft Office SharePoint Servers.
- Fixes an issue that causes Office for Mac applications to lock images after they are copied back from an Office application to ChemDraw, a molecule editor.
- For Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011:
- Fixes an issue that causes Excel to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes when a macro is enabled.
- Fixes an issue that sometimes causes Excel-calculated cells not to update automatically after a change is made to related data until the pointer is positioned on the calculated cell.
- Fixes an issue that causes Excel to produce incorrect results when the FORMAT macro command is used.
- For Microsoft Word for Mac 2011:
- Fixes an issue that causes Word to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes when you build an equation, especially when clicking the Convert selection to professional or Convert selection to linear buttons on the Equation Tools tab to format the equation into a one-dimensional form for easy editing or a two-dimensional form for professional display.
- For Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011:
- Fixes issues that cause PowerPoint to crash or close unexpectedly sometimes during a slide show.
- Fixes issues that cause numbered lists in PowerPoint 2007 and in PowerPoint 2010 not to be displayed correctly when the presentation is viewed in PowerPoint for Mac 2011.
- For Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011:
- Fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete only one message even after you select and delete multiple messages from different IMAP accounts in the unified inbox.
- Fixes an issue that forces you to exit the Sync Services Agent manually, if it is enabled, before you install a new update.
- Fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete passwords from the keychain when new email accounts are imported into Outlook.
- Fixes an issue that causes Outlook to delete all mailing list rules after a database rebuild.
- Fixes an issue that causes Outlook to end the import process when Outlook imports identities that have a category called Untitled.
Download Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update: Office2011-1401UpdateEN.dmg (English)
Updates for other languages are available at Microsoft Download Center.
To install the update, quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation. Double-click the downloaded file to place the Office for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office for Mac 14.0.1 Update volume to open it (might have been performed automatically). In the Office for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update volume window, double-click the Office for Mac 2011 14.0.1 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Note that this update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
Once installed, the update cannot be removed nor uninstalled. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates that you want.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues