Olympus has announced the upcoming availability of its new flagship Olympus TOUGH TG-810 (newest addition for Olympus TOUGH camera portfolio), which the company claims as the world’s first crushproof camera that able to withstand the world-record weight (force) of up to 100kg, In addition to the stunning crushproof performance, the rugged TOUGH TG-810 is also waterproof (to 10m), shockproof (to 2m), freezeproof (to -10°C) as well as water repellent and scratch resistant, featuring a 14-megapixel image sensor, 5x wide optical zoom, Eye-Fi Card compatibility, integrated manometer, and 3-sensor GPS plus electronic compass that ideal for your adventurous lifestyles.
Key features of Olympus TOUGH TG-810:
- Advanced TruePic III+ processor
- High-resolution 3.0-inch Super Precision HyperCrystal III LCD screen with glare-resistant coating
- Capture 720p HD video and high-resolution 14 megapixel still shots
- Three-sensor GPS & Electronic Compass for easy recording the way the camera is pointing – even while power off
- Sliding double lock mechanism plus additional metal lens barrier
- Enhanced TAP Control Mode controls the TG-810 by tapping/tilting its body (designed for gloved use)
- 4 underwater scene modes includes i-Underwater Snapshot
- 3D photo shooting mode
Olympus TOUGH TG-810 crushproof digital camera that available in two variants of stylish color – silver and black, is scheduled to hit the market later this month for €299.