One of the market and technology leaders in consumer electronics, Panasonic has expanded its 2010 line of camcorders with the new Panasonic HDC-HS700 and HDC-TM700 full HD 3MOS camcorders, which able to shoot 14.2 megapixel still photos and full HD (1920 x 1080 resolution) video at 60 frames per second (fps), featuring an advanced 3MOS system, 3″ touch screen, Power O.I.S., newly designed 35mm wide-angle Leica lens and manual ring for creative flexibility.
What’s the differentiate between Panasonic HDC-HS700 and HDC-TM700? Panasonic HDC-HS700 records to its large 240GB HDD that able to store 102 hours of video recording in HE mode, while Panasonic HDC-TM700 incorporate 32GB built-in Flash memory that can save 13 hours and 40 minutes of recording (HE mode). In addition, both Panasonic HS700 and TM700 have a SD/SDHC/SDXC memory expansion slot for added storage capacity.
“For video enthusiasts looking for a feature-rich, high-performing, yet affordable High Definition Camcorder, Panasonic’s new TM700 and HS700 3MOS models will be a hit this year,” commented Chris Rice, Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Last year’s TM300 was extremely popular and won several honors and awards for its video quality and performance, so with the improvements we have made with the TM700/HS700, including extended zoom, wider-angles and a more advanced image stabilization system, we are excited to give consumers the ideal tool they need to capture their memories with superb quality.”
Key Features of Panasonic HDC-HS700 and Panasonic HDC-TM700:
- High-sensitivity 3MOS system creates true-to-life colors and excels in darkly-lit environments, delivering an effective video image pixel count of 7,590,000 pixels
- Large-diameter F1.5 (46mm) Leica Dicomor lens with 12x optical zoom, extended to 18x Intelligent Zoom with Intelligent Resolution Technology
- 3.0-inch Auto Power LCD touchscreen display adjusts the brightness of the screen based on shooting environment, plus an Electronic View Finder
- Manual ring provides users an intuitive control of the zoom, focus, aperture, shutter speed and white balance
- Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) reduces blurring by detecting hand-shake with gyro sensors
- iA (Intelligent Auto) function automatically chooses the most proper shooting mode accordingly
- Smile Shot function automatically captures a still photo during video recording while a smiling face is detected
- Advanced Wind Noise Canceller automatically detects and suppresses wind noise only
The new Panasonic HS700 and TM700 HD camcorders that includes 5.1-Channel Surround Sound System with Zoom Microphone will be available in black color, and the pricing and launch date have yet to be announced.
Update: Panasonic HDC-HS700 and HDC-TM700 are scheduled to hit the market by mid-April for around $1,400 and $1,000, respectively.