Panasonic has announced the launch of its new 12.1 MP LUMIX DMC-FP8 digital camera, which combines futuristic-design, Panasonic’s Intelligent Auto (iA) suite of technologies, 4.6x optical zoom Leica DC lens with folding optics and an ability to record HD motion pictures in a single device, aiming to give users an enhanced photography experience.
Features of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FP8:
- Large 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD offers a dynamic and clear view of the scenes and subjects
- High-quality 28mm wide-angle, 4.6x Leica DC lens with folding optics for futuristic fashion
- High-speed Auto Focus (AF) plus a high-speed start-up of only 0.95 seconds
- POWER Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) sports double the repression power compared to previous image stabilization system
- HD Movies (records dynamic HD movies in 1280 x 720p at smooth 30 fps) with VIERA Link Networking
- 27 scene modes including High Dynamic mode that helps to capture a scene with moderate exposure
- Included PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0 software allows users to view, edit as well as archive captured photos and videos with greater ease
- Available in black, red and silver colours
“We realize that consumers are looking for fashionable and slim digital cameras that still take high-quality photos and feature advanced photo settings,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “With the LUMIX DMC-FP8, we are giving users that sleek and compact design, while not compromising the advanced, yet easy-to-use features and technology for which the Panasonic LUMIX line of cameras is known.”
The new Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FP8 which measures 96 x 60 x 20-mm and weights just 131g is expected to hit the market in coming September 2009 for about $300.