Panasonic has announced the launch of its new 10.1 megapixel LUMIX DMC-FS7 and 12.1 megapixel LUMIX DMC-FS15 digital cameras, which incorporate an advanced Venus Engine IV processor, 2.7-inch intelligent LCD screen and enhanced Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode that adds AF tracking and Intelligent Exposure functions in addition to Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Face Detection technologies, aiming to enhance your photography experience.
According to Panasonic, “AF Tracking enables the user to ‘lock’ the focus onto a moving subject. The camera then automatically tracks the subject as it moves, keeping it in focus without the need to hold the shutter button halfway down. Additionally, Intelligent Exposure helps capture natural-looking images by suppressing blocked shadows and blown highlights. It continually monitors the light source in the shooting environment and automatically activates the backlight compensation function if it detects the light source is behind the subject.”
Features Of Panasonic LUMIX FS7:
- F2.8 Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens with 4x optical zoom
- 2.7-inch intelligent LCD screen that can detect light conditions and automatically adjusts the brightness levels for viewing in sunlight and helps to preserve battery life
- New Photo Frame mode allows the users to put attractive borders around photos
- New My Scene setting enables the users to assign their most frequently used Scene modes to the setting
- Available in silver, black, blue, pink and green colors
“These new additions to the LUMIX FS-Series incorporate a number of enhanced quality and convenience features that provide consumers with simple-to-use, intuitive cameras at an affordable price,” said David Briganti, National Marketing Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “By combining Leica lenses, Intelligent Auto Mode and powerful image processing with a sleek and compact design, the FS Series cameras are ideal for consumers looking to take easy, high-quality photos on the go.”
Features Of Panasonic LUMIX FS15:
- 29mm wide-angle Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR lens with 5x optical zoom
- 2.7-inch intelligent LCD screen
- New Photo Frame mode
- New My Scene setting
- Available in silver, black and blue colors
The new stylish and compact Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FS7 and DMC-FS15 digital cameras that able to record WVGA (848 x 480 pixel resolution) video at 30 frames per second in 16:9 wide-screen format will be available in late March 2009 for about $160 and $200, respectively.