Panasonic has introduced its new superzoom digital camera – LUMIX DMC-FZ35 (known as DMC-FZ38 in Europe), which features 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor, 27mm wide-angle LEICA DC lens with 18x optical zoom, Power O.I.S lens-shift stabilization and AVCHD Lite high-definition movie recording capability.
“The LUMIX FZ35 is truly unique as it includes advanced features like HD video recording, but still resembles and functions like an intuitive point-and-shoot with the ability to capture beautiful photos and video,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “This model’s versatility makes it a great choice for a new or advanced user who wants a hybrid device that shoots high-quality still and motion images.”
Powerful features of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ35:
- 2.7-inch TFT LCD display with 0.2-inch color EVF
- 27mm wide-angle, 18x optical zoom LEICA DC lens with F2.8 brightness
- AVCHD Lite (motion picture) HD video recording capability
- New ultra high-speed (AF) Auto Focus (2 times faster than DMC-FZ28) for capturing action scenes as they happen
- Improved POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.)
- Upgraded energy-efficient image processing LSI – Venus Engine HD
- Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode incorporates a suite of intuitive technologies including Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Exposure and improved Face Recognition (recognizes up to 3 faces simultaneously)
- Extended battery life of approximately 470 pictures
- Creative Movie Mode allows users to set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies
- My Color Mode gives free reign to the user’s creativity thanks to the color, brightness and saturation parameters that can be freely adjusted
- High Dynamic Mode captures a scene with moderate exposure even though the scene may contain both bright and dark areas
The new Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ35 which measures 118 x 76 x 89 mm and weights 367g (without battery) will ship in September 2009 for approximately $400.