Panasonic has announced the launch of its new compact, rugged digital camera – Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS3, which is designed for capturing full HD 1080p video and high-resolution 12MP photo during outdoor activities, featuring 3D Photo Mode, built-in GPS, compass, altimeter and barometer. According to Panasonic, the LUMIX TS3 is waterproof up to 40 feet; shockproof up to 6.6 feet; freezeproof up to 14ºF; and dustproof.
Key features of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS3:
- 12.1-megapixel High-Speed CCD image sensor
- 2.7-inch wide-viewing LCD display with anti-reflection coating
- 28mm wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens with 4.6x optical zoom
- Panasonic 3D Photo mode captures 20 consecutive photos for creating a 3D photo
- LUMIX Image Uploader for instant upload to Facebook and Youtube
- New GPS function to geotag photos or videos that taken
“The LUMIX TS3 is Panasonic’s ‘take anywhere’ digital camera – whether it is for carefree, everyday shooting with its easy-to-use features, high-quality lens and video capabilities, or for the active user who will appreciate the rugged design in any season – for activities such as hiking, skiing, camping, diving, snorkeling,” commented David Briganti, Senior Product Manager for Imaging at Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Last year’s LUMIX TS2 was a highly-regarded rugged camera and with the TS3, we just built on its success with new features, like GPS, a compass, altimeter and barometer, making this the ultimate camera for the outdoor user.”
Panasonic LUMIX TS3 that is offered in 4 variants of elegant color – red, orange, silver and blue, is expected to be available in coming March 2011 but no words on its price yet.
Update: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS3 camera is priced at $399.99.