Panasonic has announced the availability of its new compact 12.1-megapixel LUMIX DMC-ZR1 digital camera, which features 25mm ultra-wide-angle, 8x optical zoom and the world’s first 0.3mm thin aspherical lens, aiming to provide users an increased flexibility.
“The ZR1 answers the call of consumers looking for a truly pocketable digital camera, while still featuring a zoom more powerful than typical compact cameras,” commented David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “We know consumers want to catch every shooting opportunity, and with the ZR1, this is possible through unique features such as the ultra-wide-angle lens and Panasonic’s popular iA Mode.”
Main features of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZR1:
- Fast, high-speed Auto Focus (AF), plus high-speed start-up of just 1.1 second
- 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD and 25mm ultra-wide-angle, 8x optical zoom (zoom range of 25-200mm) LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens
- Powerful battery life (about 330 pictures on a single charge) thanks to the highly energy-efficient image processing LSI – Venus Engine V
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) features double the repression power (compared to MEGA O.I.S)
- Available in black, red, blue, and silver colors
The new ultra-slim Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZR1 which measures 98 x 55 x 26 mm and weights in at 160g will be available in coming September for about $280.