Panasonic has introduced its new ultra-slim, compact and stylish digital camera with 24mm ultra-wide-angle Leica lens – Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX75, which combines 14.1 megapixel resolution, F2.2 LEICA lens with 5x optical zoom, 3″ full touch screen, 11-point autofocus system, AVCHD Lite HD Video recording, Dolby Digital Creator and renowned Panasonic’s iA mode in a single device.
“The Panasonic LUMIX FX75’s 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens is a rare feature to have on a compact camera – especially one this small, so we are packing a lot of value and quality into this slim and stylish digital camera,” commented David Briganti, Senior Product Manager for Imaging at Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Most consumers value the benefits of a long zoom, but understanding the importance of a wide-angle isn’t as known. With a 24mm ultra-wide angle like the one on the LUMIX FX75, photographers have a wider range of composition possibilities with approximately 213% larger viewing space compared to that of a 35mm camera.”
Key Features Of Panasonic LUMIX FX75:
- Venus Engine HD II image processor delivers a blazing-fast response time
- 24mm wide-angle F2.2 bright LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON 5x optical zoom lens
- Large 3.0-inch LCD touchscreen display with AF tracking
- iA (Intelligent Auto) mode with new added Motion Deblur mode for enhancing the motion detection (Intelligent ISO Control) and brightness control (Intelligent Exposure)
- Record AVCHD Lite HD video for more recording time compared to conventional Motion JPEG format
- Intelligent Resolution technology enhances 3 areas – outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation, by examining pixel by pixel
Pricing info and launch date of the new slim Panasonic LUMIX FX75 digital camera is yet to be known. In addition to the LUMIX FX75, Panasonic also announced its new LUMIX G Fisheye 8mm/F3.5 lens (H-F008), which the company claims as the world’s first smallest and lightest digital interchangeable fisheye lens for the popular LUMIX G Series.