Panasonic has expanded its popular LUMIX LX-Series portfolio with the launch of new high-end 10.1MP Panasonic LUMIX LX5 digital camera, which comes equipped with an ultra-bright F2.0 3.8x zoom Leica lens, ISO up to 12,800, HD video capture and new Venus Engine FHD triple-CPU processor to ensure superior photo quality, especially at night or low light conditions.
Unique Features Of Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX5 Include:
- 3.0-inch improved LCD display with High CRI (Color Rendering Index) backlight LED for an added color reproduction
- Super-bright F2.0 24mm (ultra wide angle) LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens with 3.8x optical zoom
- Newly-designed Venus Engine FHD processor (triple-CPU inside) complemented with high-sensitivity 10.1-megapixel CCD image sensor
- Record (AVCHD Lite) 720p HD videos with interesting shooting modes like Creative Movie, supporting 3.8x optical zoom and Dolby Digital Creator
- Enhanced design with new-added turn-and-push jog dial and thicker grip
“The Panasonic LUMIX LX-Series cameras have been extremely popular models for us with professional and enthusiast photographers, who understand and value the superb image quality such a compact, affordable digital camera can offer,” commented David Briganti, Senior Product Manager for Imaging at Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “We expect the same enthusiasm, if not more, for the LUMIX LX5, which features improvements to the lens and processing – resulting in even better images.”
The new ultra-compact, high-performance Panasonic LUMIX LX5 that offered in two variants of colour – black and white, is slated to be available in late-August 2010 for around $500.