The innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras, PENTAX Imaging Company has redefined the entry-level digital SLR category with its new PENTAX K-x DSLR camera, which combines 12.4MP CMOS sensor, 11-point AF sensor, high-speed PRIME II imaging engine, Live View function and HD movie mode in a single device, offering photographic performance that challenges higher class D-SLR cameras.
Key Features Of PENTAX K-x Digital SLR Camera:
- Newly developed high-resolution 12.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor with sensor-shift Shake Reduction for stabilized image and video capture up to 4 shutter steps
- Large 2.7-inch LCD display features Live View with contrast, phase difference, and Face Detection autofocus of up to 16 faces
- High-precision, responsive 11 point wide angle SAFOX VIII autofocus system focuses quickly and accurately, and can easily track moving subjects
- Captures widescreen HD video in full 720p resolution (1280×720) at 24 FPS cinematic framerate (using any PENTAX 35mm lens)
- Creative processing and filter modes produce high quality finished images, while offering the ability to explore artistic freedom through unique special effects
- True High Dynamic Range (HDR) image capture blends three bracketed images into a single picture with outstanding shadow, highlight, and midrange detail
- Cross Process mode automatically and randomly adds finishing touches to exposures for creating eye-catching images with unique, intriguing colors
- Fast 4.7 images per second capture speed and 1/6000 second maximum shutter speeds thanks to the newly developed PENTAX PRIME II image processing engine
- Wide sensitivity range from ISO 200 to ISO 6400, expanding the sensitivity range from ISO 100 – 12800 via a custom function
- PENTAX Auto Picture and scene modes for effortless, automatic selection of the most appropriate shooting mode, ensuring the perfect shot in any situation
- Universally available, easy-to-find AA lithium batteries support up to 1900 snap shots (compatible with AA alkaline and rechargeable Ni-MH batteries)
- Available in white or black colour, as well as special, limited edition red and navy
- Dimensions: 122.5 x 91.5 x 67.5 mm ; Weight: 515 grams
The new extremely compact and lightweight PENTAX K-x D-SLR camera that available in 3 options – K-x single lens kit with body and smc PENTAX DA L 18-55mm lens, K-x twin lens kit with body, smc PENTAX DA L 18-55mm lens and smc PENTAX DA L 50-200mm zoom lens, and twin lens kit consisting of K-x body, smc PENTAX DA L 18-55mm lens and smc PENTAX DA L 55-300mm super-telephoto zoom lens, will be available in coming October 2009 for around $650, $750 and $850, respectively.