The leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras, Pentax has introduce its new elegant and classy Pentax Optio S1 compact camera, which features 14 megapixel sensor, 2.7 inch LCD display, capable recording High Definition video in 720p, HDR (High Dynamic Range) photos, and 5x wide angle optical zoom lens that allows flexible image framing.
Features of Pentax Optio S1 compact camera:
- Ample 2.7 inch LCD display with 230,000 pixels for easy capture and playback of images and video
- High resolution 14 megapixel sensor
- Wide angle 5X optical zoom lens (28-140mm) for flexible image framing
- 720p HD video recording, with dedicated record button
- Sensor-shift Pentax Shake Reduction (SR) system for sharp low light and telephoto images
- Powerful Pentax Auto Picture mode for set-it-and-forget-it shooting convenience
- Fast Face Detection, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection for perfect portraits
- A new High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
- Sensitivity range up to ISO 6400
- In-camera special effects filters (e.g., Toy Camera, Retro, HDR, and Miniature)
- Pentax infrared remote control (remote purchased separately)
- D-LI78 lithium-ion battery
The new Pentax Optio S1 also combines face detection, blink detection, sensor shift Pentax shake reduction system, smile capture, and an Auto Picture mode that can detects 14 different subjects and scene types.
Pentax Optio S1 compact camera will be available in three variants of stylish color – chrome, black and green with a gem-like finish, is scheduled to hit the market later this month for $199.95.