The leading manufacturer of digital SLRs, compact cameras, lenses and accessories, PENTAX has announced the availability of its new sleek PENTAX Optio W80. It’s the 12.1 megapixel compact digital camera which combines waterproof, dustproof, coldproof as well as shockproof designs in a single device, featuring wide angle 28mm lens with 5x optical zoom, HD movie capture, Pixel Track SR, Digital SR and Movie SR.
Key features of PENTAX Optio W80:
- Waterproof design withstands depths of up to 16 feet (5 meters)
- Shockproof design protects against drops of up to 3.3 feet (1 meter)
- Coldproof design allows the camera to be used in sub-freezing temperatures of 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius)
- 2.5-inch TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflective coating and brightness adjustment
- 5X internal optical zoom lens helps repel water, grime and finger marks thanks to Super Protect (SP) coating
- Widescreen, HD movie capture records up to (1280×720 pixels resolution) video at 30 frames per second
- Fast Face Detection technology detects up to 32 faces in 0.03 seconds, along with Smile Capture and Blink Detection
- Pixel Track Shake Reduction (SR) ensures sharp images in any lighting condition, without adding high ISO noise
- Super Macro mode focuses small subjects as close as 1 cm
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.9 x 2.2 x 1.0 inches ; Weight: 4.8 oz (without battery)
The new slim PENTAX Optio W80 that available in Cardinal Red, Azure Blue and Gunmetal Gray colors will hit the market in coming July for about $300. In addition, PENTAX also offers two new accessories for Optio W80: custom designed clear protective skin ($17) and comfortable floating wrist strap ($20).