The innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras, PENTAX Imaging Company has introduced its newest waterproof, dustproof 10MP digital camera, named as PENTAX Optio WS80, which able to withstand depths up to 5 feet (1.5 meters) for up to 2 hours continuously, featuring triple anti-shake protection aimed to deliver a blur-free images.
Main features of PENTAX Optio WS80:
- 10 megapixel CCD image sensor and 5X optical zoom lens with highly water-repellent SP (Super Protect) coating
- Large 2.7-inch LCD display with 230,000 dot resolution
- High sensitivity up to ISO 6400
- Records 720p HD video at 30 frames per second
- Fast Face Detection technology detects up to 32 faces in a mere 0.03 second
- Smile Capture automatically releases the shutter while a subject smiles
- Blink Detection alerts users if the subject’s eyes are closed during the exposure
- PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) technology includes Pixel Track SR, Digital SR, and Movie SR, aiming to stabilize your images and video
- PENTAX Auto Picture mode automatically selects from 8 shooting modes for optimal result
- High-speed AF system with Auto-Tracking function
- Available in 2 bold (his-and-her’s designs) – black with orange accents or white with purple accents
The new compact and lightweight PENTAX Optio WS80 which measures 92 (W) × 60 (H) × 22 (D) mm and weights about 105g is scheduled to be available in September 2009 for around $250.