When downloading or saving files, you will be prompted with ‘Save As’ dialog box which allows you to select the destination folder to save the downloaded files. If you are a systematic type of person who like to save files in a specific folder, you need to browse to the destination folder each and every time you save files which could be time consuming and troublesome. To solve this concern, there is a utility, named as Places that can let you to customize ‘Save As’ window so that you can save files to the destination folder easily and faster.
The standard shortcut in Windows ‘Save As’ dialog box normally comes with My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer and My Network Places. Places is a free utility that can customize the Windows ‘Save As’ dialog box by replacing standard shortcuts with shortcut linked to your own folders. To replace any one of the standard shortcuts with your own shortcuts, just launch Places utility, click on the drop-down list and select Custom, then browse to the folder where you normally save your files into. Once you have completed the destination folders selection, you can preview the changes by clicking on Test button and it will shows you ‘Save As’ dialog box with the customization that you have done.
Places 1.0 is absolutely free to download and is compatible to run on Windows XP/Vista/7. However, you must have administrator privilege in order to customize ‘Save As’ dialog box with Places.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links