The leading multi-platform provider of “casual games”, a generic term for fun, easy-to-learn, irresistible computer games, PopCap Games has debuted its new humorous action-strategy game that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106 – Plants vs. Zombies, compatible with both PC and Mac.
Highlights Of Plants vs. Zombies:
- 5 different modes of play including Adventure, Survival, Puzzle, Zen Garden and Mini-Game Challenges
- Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode and more than 50 more in the other game modes, with limitless replayability
- More than 4 dozen plants, from cherry bombs and peashooters to melon-pults, wall-nuts and sunflowers
- Dozens of different zombie types, including back-from-the-dead miners, businessmen, foot players, even zombie bobsled team
- Suburban almanac tracks your progress and provides vital stats on plant and zombie types
- Crazy Dave’s trunk-o’-the-car shop where you can purchase special ‘power plants’ and other zombie-exterminating tools as well as potted versions for your Zen Garden
- New fluid animation technology for prettier plants and zippier zombies
“We love zombie games as much as everyone else, but unlike other undead offerings we wanted to create a zombie game that would appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers alike,” said George Fan, senior game designer at PopCap. “It’s been great to see both casual and hardcore gamers in our beta test group get totally absorbed in the game, clicking intensely as the zombies chomp on their front yards.”
The new Plants vs. Zombies game for PC and Mac is now available for download online through PopCap, RealArcade, MSN Games, STEAM, Wild Games and Yahoo! Games for about $20.