Technically, dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, any of which can be called up when needed by a larger program that is running in the computer. Within a Windows operating system, DLL files can contain the codes used by several different programs.
Problems will arise if a DLL file is damaged, corrupted or a particular program installs an incompatible version of a DLL.file on your system. When this problem happens, you will get an error message such as “… file could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.”
PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper) is one of the possible DLLs may cause error in Windows system. You may get some error message such as below during the boot up process:
Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL
According to Microsoft, there is only one PSAPI.DLL file in your PC and it is under the Windows\System 32 folder. Additional PSAPI.DLL file may be installed by third party programs such as SmartBridge, often the older version. If you have other versions of the PSAPI.DLL file in the system, it can cause your IE 7 or other windows programs that interact with IE7 to crash when you start it up. Beside, you may have annoying error message like above too.
To solve the PSAPI.DLL incompatibility issue and overcome this problem, search your PC or check the program folder of the application that crashes for a PSAPI.DLL file:
- Open up Search from Start Menu.
- Find all instances PSAPI.DLL on your PC.
- Rename all extra copies of PSAPI.DLL files found EXCEPT the one located in \Windows\System32\ folder to some other names like PSAPIOLD.DLL (never delete or do anything with the PSAPI.DLL file in your Windows or Windows/System 32 folder).
- Reboot the system.
After reboot, there will not be anymore conflict and Windows will automatically look for valid PSAPI file in the Windows system folder.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode