Quicken Online (QO) is a web-based financial management service similar to free Mint.com which previously charges subscribers and users $2.99 a month, but will go free of charge starting from October 2008. Quicken Online is one of the many products by Intuit that targets personal users who just starting to organize and manage their finance and financial information.
Features of Quicken Online:
- Access from one place, with one password, to transactions from your financial accounts of over 5,000 financial institutions (and counting).
- Advanced, industry-recognized security and virus safeguards to keep all financial data private and protected.
- Supports Windows and Macintosh browsers including Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and iPhone.
- Alerts about balances, transactions, and bill reminders automatically delivered to mobile phone or email.
- Spending automatically assigned to standard categories or to new categories created with learning capability.
- Charts and graphs that cut across accounts at all banks to understand spending habits.
- The ability to download transactions to a file.
- Enter transactions before they clear to know RealBalance to avoid overdraft fees.
- A budget made up in any or all categories.
Do not confuse Quicken Online with desktop version of Quicken such as Quicken Deluxe and Quicken Premier. Quicken Online is NOT an online version of Quicken product, and Quicken Support lists out several features and functions that are not included in Quicken Online, such as cannot import, export or transfer data to or from CD or Download versions of Quicken, can’t import transactions older than initial 90 days, no investment holdings, split transactions, subcategories, cash accounts, invoices, sales receipts, 1099s, and other small business features. Also excluded are ability to pay bill, transfer money, write checks and reconciling.
Sign up for Quicken Online.