Trend Micro OfficeScan is an enterprise security solution with complete anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit that been deployed on company’s desktops, laptops and file servers to protect and secure the perimeters of corporate network and systems against today’s complex, blended threats and Web-based attacks.
Usually, administrators will lock the corporate edition of Trend Micro Office Scan client program by assigning an uninstallation password, which must be entered correctly when computer user attempt to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client from the PC.
So how to uninstall or remove Trend Micro Office Scan when the password to uninstall is unknown or lost? Here’s a simple hack to remove or reset the uninstallation password for TrendMicro OfficeScan, after which user can uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan by using the default password.
- Search for Ofcscan.ini file. Normally the file is located in C:\Windows folder for Windows 95 and Windows 98, or C:\WINNT directory for Windows NT and Windows 2000. In newer operating system, the Ofcscan.ini can be saved in C:\Program Files\ folder.
- Open the Ofcscan.ini file using Notepad for editing.
- Search for the [INI_CLIENT_SECTION] section heading.
- Locate the line starting with Uninstall_Pwd=. Comment the line (make it inactive by typing a # at the beginning of the line, i.e. #Uninstall_Pwd=…..
- Insert a new line beneath the existing line as following:
- Save the Ofcscan.ini file.
- Try to uninstall Trend Microsoft OfficeScan again. When prompted to enter a password to continue to uninstall, enter 1 as the password.
Alternatively, if above hack does not work, user can always manually uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client, bypassing and skipping all password requirement.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links