Motorola has unveiled its new rugged phone which named as Motorola Quantico. The rugged phone has been designed to meet the US military 810F standard for resistance to dust, shock, vibration, salt, fog, humidity and temperature extremes. The phone is able to supports for CDMA 1700/2100MHz and 800/1900MHz CDMA EVDO frequencies.
Key features of the Motorola Quantico:
- Battery Life – Supports up to 5.8 hours of talk time and up to 18.6 days of standby time.
- Weight – 4.2 oz.
- Dimensions – 2.2 x 3.7 x 1.0-inches.
- Battery – 1140 mAh.
- Connectivity – Stereo Bluetooth Class 2, 2.5mm headset jack, USB 2.0 FS and mobile phone tools.
- Display – 2.2-inch internal display with 176 x 220 resolutions and 1.6-inch external display with 120 x 160 resolutions.
- Messaging – Supports MMS, SMS, IM, email and BREW 3.1.5.
- Audio – Supports AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, MIDI, MP3, WAV and WMA v9 formats.
- Video – Supports H.263, H.264, MPEG4 and WMV v9 formats.
- Camera – 1.3-megapixel with fixed focus functionality.
- Memory – Supports up to 8GB MicroSD.
- Address Book – Up to 1000 entries.
- Browser – WAP.
- Location Services – SGPS.
- Antenna – Internal.
- Form Factor – Clam.
The Motorola Quantico is expected to be available in Q4 2009 and the price is not yet announced.