Samsung has introduced its new Samsung AMOLED 12M (Samsung SCH-W880) in Korea, which the company claims as the world’s first mobile phone to sport a 12 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, featuring world’s most advanced WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) AMOLED full touchscreen display, providing users a latest camera technology and display technology to enhance their mobile experience.
“Samsung has led the camera phone market introducing the very many first of its kind camera phone – the first 5-megapixel (SCH-V7800, June 2005), the first 7-megapixel with an optical zoom (SCH-V770, July 2005), the first 10-megapxel (SCH-B600, October 2006), and recently, the first 12-megapixel camera phone for global market (Samsung Pixon12, June 2009),” said JK Shin, Executive Vice President, Head of Mobile Communication Division at Samsung Electronics. “The Samsung AMOLED 12M is a living proof of our continuous commitment to introduce the most up-to-date technology to enrich users’ mobile experience.”
Powerful Features And Specifications Of Samsung AMOLED 12M (Samsung SCH-W880):
- Brilliant 3.3-inch WVGA AMOLED full touchscreen display
- 12 megapixel camera with 3X optical zoom, xenon + power LED flash, Touch Auto-Focus (AF) tracking, Smart Auto, Beauty Shot and image stabilization
- Dedicated Camera Power Key provides a real digital camera-alike look and grip feeling
- Fast image saving for next shot enabling users move to next shot within around 2 seconds
- Ability to record 720p HD videos (1280 x 720 pixels) at 30 fps
- Built-in 4GB internal memory, and MicroSD memory expansion slot supporting up to 32GB
- Bluetooth 2.0 and USB 2.0 HS (micro USB) connectivity
The new Samsung AMOLED 12M (SCH-W880) which measures 115.8 x 56.9 x 16.3 mm will hit Korean market by early October 2009 for about 1 million won, but no words on other areas’ availability yet. In addition, Samsung is expected to swap T-DMB (Mobile TV) with Wi-Fi and GPS in an International version of Samsung AMOLED 12M – Samsung M8920.